Friday, July 13, 2012

It's All in the Details

I had so much fun planning Cohen's party and I'll admit that I maybe went a bit overboard on a few things, but it was a great party and was worth all the effort.  Here are a few pictures of the details.


I was really pleased with the brownie pops, they turned out well and were a big hit.



My big splurge was the hat and bib, which were super cute on Cohen and worth every penny :)


Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing and spice cupcakes with cream cheese icing (both were delicious, if I do say so myself).


I got a lot of flack for Cohen's cake.  It was a carrot cake, made with mostly organic ingredients and only a small amount of sugar, healthy enough to eat for breakfast.  Apparently a good mom is supposed to serve chocolate cake for a first birthday.  I assumed that using a sugary icing would be enough indulgence for a one-year-old.  I guess I was proved wrong when Cohen refused to eat his cake.  For the record, I found the carrot cake to be very tasty.





No comments:

Post a Comment