We spent a day at the Kennedy Space Centre, which was a highlight for me and a place I've always wanted to visit. It did not disappoint! My future astronaut enjoyed it too, despite the loud and often scary sounds in the movies and presentations. We saw an excellent 3-D movie on the Hubble space telescope, saw many vintage rockets and space capsules, viewed an exhibit on the mission to the moon (including the colossal Saturn V rocket - the biggest ever made), rode in a shuttle launch simulator and explored an interactive exhibit on Mars exploration and current and future NASA initiatives. Here are a few pics from the day.
I'm ready for the launch! Believe it or not, 2 full grown men spent 2 weeks orbiting in space in a capsule this big (or should I say small).
We're ready for our launch to the moon!
Lindsay and I are walking down the actual ramp used by the astronauts on the lunar missions.
Me and my future astronaut with the massive Saturn V rocket:
Greetings from space!
Great summary of our awesome day at the Kennedy Space Station. Loved the entire day
ReplyDeleteLove,
Linds