I don't look as muddy as I felt or as muddy as my bike looked but this is what eating mud on a bicycle for 60 kilometres looks like. I am sopping wet, my nipples are raw and both my calves and both my quads are painfully cramping during this photo. The race is officially called the Paris to Ancaster and like the famous race in France that inspired it, called the Paris - Roubaix, it is also affectionately known as "The Hell of the North". Today was particularly hellish as anything that wasn't paved, which is most of the course, was "soft".
In case you're wondering: yes I paid money to participate, yes I checked the weather forecast ahead of time, no it wasn't my first time, yes I think the hat does make me look younger, yes I shamelessly used this photo with Cohen in the bottom corner to justify this post on his blog and no I didn't get a free t-shirt.
If you look closely at this next photo you can see caked mud on my lip - literally eating mud.
Regardless of the shameless post...we're still proud of you Mike. Awesome job on completing this race! I think your nuts for doing it more than once.
ReplyDeleteLove,
-Linds
Way to go Mike. I assume you had fun doing this (although it doesn't look like it based on the expression on your face).
ReplyDeleteBrian